Saturday, February 4, 2012

Garage Door - Open Sesame

It's always nice to have a garage, especially for Canadians. In winter, it saves you a lot of time on scraping ice/snow out of your car. I am more than happy to spend these extra time staying in bed. In summer, I don't have to wait for the heat inside the car released before getting into the car. For both winter and summer, parking my car inside a garage also helps save energy at some certain level since I don't need to crank up the AC or heater as much as if I park outside.

I was happy that my new home had a garage, but I was not that pleased by the garage door. The garage door was in light purple and a bit rusty. The door had an obvious dent made by previous owner. It was a mechanical door so that I have to leave the car and open the door manually before entering the garage. All of these were ok, but I just want to have a better one. I would like to have windows on my garage door for aesthetic reasons with an electrical door opener.

Although garage door replacement is a rather small job, I found the price can still vary a lot. After some search on Homestars, I decided to use Open Sesame Inc. Steve, the owner of Open Sesame, is a very interesting and friendly person. He came to my home during one weekend to give a quote for door replacement. The quote included door, door opener with remote control, and of course the labour. He only asked for 1650 CAD. I found this price was very competitive, and he had very good reviews on Homestars. So, I decided to use him to replace the door.

At the day of installation, he showed up on time and started the work right away. I remembered seeing someone installing a garage door for one of my neighbours. It was quite noisy and I could hear the sound even at home, but when Steve disassembled and installed the garage door I hardly heard a thing. I am not sure why. Maybe it was simply because it is easier to replace a door than install a new one. The door was done professionally within 6 hrs. The new door did look much better and the new door opener saved me the hassle.

I am generally pleased by Steve's work, and I would like to recommend him for garage door jobs. However, it really took a while before he could serve me. Open Sesame is basically a 1-2 men company. Steve only has one assistant, and they have to do all the jobs and they do have a lot of orders. It's not hard to imagine that they need longer time to digest all the jobs. If you are not in a hurry and willing to wait up to 1.5 months, Open Sesame will be a good option for its highly competitive price and quality.

40 comments:

  1. A garage door is extremely essential for home security. Good thing you found this reputable individual to repair your garage door, Erhu! It is important to look for positive reviews about them. That way, you’ll find out if they do quality work. By the way, congrats on your newly installed garage door! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this good & excellent work. you should have to continue it forever.....

    Commercial Garage Doors

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could e-mail me?

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need more articles and blogs please post soon.useful

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a good thing that you met someone reliable to replace your garage door. You actually did the right thing. Using the Internet to search for a company that you think is competitive and capable was a good start. I also have to commend how you were able to get the service for a low price. You made a wise decision in choosing them. =)

    Sharron Folkes

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have a great idea... thanks for the useful information you posted here... good work...


    ellicott city garage door

    ReplyDelete
  7. Careful when scraping the car. :) People, if you don't have a ice scraper, you don't have to buy one because a plastic spatula or a credit card would do, preferably an expired one. Most importantly, do not put hot water on your windshield in an attempt to melt the ice because the sudden heat may crack your windshield.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this useful information, And this idea helps a lot.


    edgewater garage door repair

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Most of the time a reliable and dependable garage door company are fully booked-up, however I would rather wait for my schedule than hire someone that will not meet my requirement. Good post!
    vienna garage door

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you found a place that is worth the wait? I just bought an old warehouse and I am looking for a place that does commercial garage doors in Phoenix, AZ but I want to get the best place possible, even if there is a wait.

      Delete
  11. Well, exerting effort in finding the best contractors that will suit your taste definitely also calls for a good service. I’m happy that you’re satisfied with the job done for your doors. And Sharron has a good point. It pays to search very well and scrutinize a company first before hiring one.

    Kermit Lukacs

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's that time of year. Put the porch furniture away, rake up the leaves and don't forget...get your garage door ready for winter. A lot of homeowners ignore the sounds that their garage door may be making but can be easily addressed without calling a professional. Check this link for more garage doors...

    garage door parts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great article! I had been searching for a really nice text about upgrading conversion rates for a while, when I found your blog. Thanks for the useful information!
    M

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great blog, I really liked it. I found all the information very useful. I can always use more information about how to

    woodbridge garage door
    woodbridge garage door repair
    garage door repair woodbridge
    garage door spring repair woodbridge

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your post about " " very nice post. It is very help full.I do appreciate about this post & this blog ... :)

    manassas garage door
    manassas garage door repair
    garage door repair manassas
    garage door spring repair manassas

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree with you. The most important reason is “Search engines love blogging” but yeah, you also need to do posting on regular basis



    lorton garage door
    lorton garage door repair
    garage door repair lorton
    garage door spring repair lorton

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great blog, I really liked it. I found all the information very useful. I can always use more information about how to

    herndon garage door
    herndon garage door repair
    garage door repair herndon
    garage door spring repair herndon

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks dear for the safety and security tips concerning Garage Doors. I truly appreciate this post. Enjoy stay!


    fairfax garage door
    fairfax garage door repair
    garage door repair fairfax
    garage door spring repair fairfax

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great blog, I really liked it. I found all the information very useful. I can always use more information about how to

    chantilly garage door
    chantilly garage door repair
    garage door repair chantilly
    garage door spring repair chantilly

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks dear for the safety and security tips concerning Garage Doors. I truly appreciate this post. Enjoy stay!


    centreville garage door
    centreville garage door repair
    garage door repair centreville
    garage door spring repair centreville

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks dear for the safety and security tips concerning Garage Doors. I truly appreciate this post. Enjoy stay!

    ashburn garage door
    ashburn garage door repair
    garage door repair ashburn
    garage door spring repair ashburn

    ReplyDelete
  22. I agree with you. The most important reason is “Search engines love blogging” but yeah, you also need to do posting on regular basis


    alexandria garage door
    alexandria garage door repair
    garage door repair alexandria
    garage door spring repair alexandria

    ReplyDelete
  23. I agree with you. The most important reason is “Search engines love blogging” but yeah, you also need to do posting on regular basis

    leesburg garage door
    leesburg garage door repair
    garage door repair leesburg
    garage door spring repair leesburg

    ReplyDelete
  24. Information is pretty good and impressed me a lot. This article is quite in-depth and gives a good overview of the topic.

    windshield woodbridge va

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Germantown Garage Front door Several aspects impact the health of any type of garage home. This doesn’t issue in the event it’s...

      germantown garagedoor

      germantown garagedoor repair

      garagedoor repair germantown

      Delete
    2. Leesburg Garage Front door Trusted, Cost-effective Leesburg Garage Front door Mend in addition to Support in Leesburg, VETERANS ADMINISTRATION.....

      leesburg garagedoor

      leesburg garagedoor repair

      garagedoor repair leesburg

      Delete
  25. Very useful post. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. Really its great article. Keep it up.
    st. petersburg window company

    ReplyDelete
  26. Picking a decent fan heater is intense as there are numerous models in the market however this unit from Stiebel Eltron is unquestionably one that emerges from the rest as one of the most powerful 120v heaterunits. It is gorgeously made and the highlights th best electric garage heater 120v

    ReplyDelete
  27. Every company does not have the same ability. Such parking entrances are much more than a slide-open door. Amateur companies do not have the skill to install such doors. A licensed professional identifies the problem in quick time and offers with quality services. Tacoma garage doors

    ReplyDelete